The Mechanical Engineering program at McMaster University provides students with a diverse education involving the application of principles of physics for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. Over their four year degree students complete a variety of projects developing essential project management, teamwork, and communication skills. Exposure to many open-ended and time constrained problems allows students to develop problem solving and time management techniques which are essential for success in the mechanical contracting industry. The program also offers a five year option which includes a specialization in management allowing students to complete business courses increasing the diversity of their education.
Awards & Activities
- 1st place in 2015 MCAA Student Chapter Competition
- Host project site tours
- Host a “Meet and Greet” which brings mechanical contractors and students together
- Participate in the MCA Canadian Student Summit
- Visit local schools to increase awareness of mechanical contracting industry
- Participate in MCAA Student Chapter Competition