The Construction Management Program combines education and experience in both technical and managerial skills to prepare students for leadership roles in the construction profession. Laboratory and work experience supplement classroom lectures to provide practical and useful skills.
With its comprehensive, management-oriented focus, the program helps students understand the impact of construction on the environment and on society and prepares students to be leaders in this exciting field.
The program provides instruction in the following areas:
- Building design and planning
- Environmental control systems
- Principles of quality concrete and the proper techniques used in the field
- Project management, including construction costs, budgets, bids, critical path scheduling, inspection, manpower utilization, and cost control
- Theories of forces in building structures
- Use of tapes, levels, and transits to layout structures, determine elevations, and locate boundaries