I am a Mechanical Engineering and Management Student at McMaster University in Hamilton, ON, Canada. I have recent experience in the steel manufacturing industry through my 16-month internship as an Equipment Reliability Coordinator at ArcelorMittal Dofasco. My industry experience paired with my extracurricular involvement make me an excellent candidate for your company.
- September 2014/April 2020
McMaster UniversityB.Eng.Mgt, Bachelor of Engineering and Management
- May 2018/August 2019
ArcelorMittal DofascoEquipment Reliability Coordinator
• Investigated and analysed equipment failures using root cause analysis to determine corrective actions in order to mitigate failures from reoccurring
• Collaborated with maintenance personnel to design and execute solutions to restore deteriorated equipment back to full operational capability
• Facilitated the development of an equipment maintenance program for compressed air dryers and implemented the resulting solutions to improve equipment reliability and reduce reactive maintenance work
- September 2016/August 2017
McMaster Faculty of Engineering Learning Enrichment Advancement ProgramAssistant Director
• Utilized strong leadership skills to supervise and manage 25 employees daily to ensure tasks were being completed and goals of the program were met.
• Collaborated with 5 senior staff members to interview 50 students and hire employees for the summer term.
• Attended the Actua 2017 Conference to learn from industry speakers and other program directors across Canada to learn and implement best practices.
• Resolved conflicts and overcame challenges with students and staff to maintain a positive learning environment for everyone involved.
- May 2016/August 2016
McMaster Faculty of Engineering Learning Enrichment Advancement ProgramEngineering 101 Instructor
• Created and adapted lessons & engaging engineering based projects for high school students entering grades 9-11, based on the Ontario Government’s School Curriculum.
• Strengthened verbal communication skills when teaching and facilitating groups of 15-30 students in engineering and science activities with the goal to foster a passion for STEM in youth.
• Problem solved with students to ensure those involved were having an educational and enjoyable experience.