The Project Engineer Intern will be a member of the Project Management group, reporting to their assigned project manager/mentor. The Project Engineer Intern will be responsible for learning and modeling JW Danforth Standard Operating Procedures as presented in the Project Management Manual. The Project Engineer Intern will assist the project team in the implementation of JW Danforth Standard Operating Procedures, including, but not limited to, pre-construction planning, document control, execution planning, installation status monitoring and labor productivity measurement.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the improvement of productivity and profitability through implementation of standard operating procedures, and rapid communication and implementation of best practices/lessons learned.
- Supporting elimination of inefficiencies and extra steps in work activities through assistance in introduction of Lean construction principles and improved scheduling planning activities.
- Supporting maximization of shop fabrication/modular fabrication opportunities, inclusive of maintaining consistent communication processes between management, supervision and shops.
- Coordinate planning and logistics activities to ensure that Foremen have proper tools, materials, equipment and information to executive work under budget.
- Support Foremen understanding and utilization of labor performance measurement systems.
- Attend project/client meetings as required.
- Assist in the procurement/subcontracting process.
- Assist in the CAD coordination process.
- Assist in the document control process.
- Assist in the change proposal process.
- Assist in the contract closeout process.
Experience & Requirements:
- Enrollment in a certified (4) year Construction Management Degree program.
- Must have integrity including enthusiasm and willingness to represent Danforth to our customers.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with Union labor supervision.
Enrollment in a certified (4) year Construction Management Degree program. We recruit from freshman, sophomore and junior classes. We also have selective full-time opportunities available for forthcoming senior class graduates.